Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finally home

Yesterday we finally received mom's ashes and brought them home. She will reside with dad until we decide to set them free. It is comforting to know where her earthly remains are and we have a place to go and grieve. I know it probably sounds weird, but I can visit with my parents with out having to leave the house. It looks as though we will hold her celebration of life toward the end of February. A definite date is coming, please keep in touch for details.

1 comment:

Tanji Miner said...

I am glad My "Auntie" is back home for her Holiday she loved so much! I think about her almost daily this time of year when I get cranky and wish the season would just be over. I have to remind myself of her contageous smile, wonderful decorations and all the goodies! My favorite holiday memory I never shared with your mom. (I still feel bad about that) It was when I was about 8 or 9 at your house just after Thanksgiving and Shorty was getting some of the Christmas decorations out and your mom wanted him to wait until we left. He grinned and asked me If I wanted to help. I remember holding lights for him outside and thinking I had the most important job in the world! Then your mom let us eat pie as much as we wanted for our hard work:) I also got to put baby Jesus in the manger in one of her nativity's. I remember going home with my family and thinking I had the two most important jobs of the entire holiday. Your mom and dad made everyone feel so special. I only hope I can have that ability some day! I love you! Take Care!